Warmth is just a puffy away.
Rip across the slopes in warm style with the Mountain Hardwear Snowbasin Down jacket. This flattering down jacket is warm enough to withstand the bitter cold of bluebird days and cozy enough to be worn during down at the base as you sip on a much-needed hot beverage. This jacket has an integrated wrist gaiter system with thumbholes and powder skirt jacket-to-pant connection system that's compatible with corresponding Mountain Hardwear ski pants to keep snow out and warmth in. You'll stay warm with this jacket's responsibly gathered down that's infused with a durable water repellency treatment that allows the down to maintain its loft and warmth even when it gets wet. This way, you can make deep turns and take a few tumbles without bringing home a heavy, saturated jacket.
- Down ski and snowboard jacket for warmth and style on the slopes
- Q.Shield Down maintains loft even when wet for maximum warmth
- Powder skirt compatible with Mountain Hardware pants to block snow
- Cuff gaiters with thumbholes seal in body heat and fit under gloves
- Multiple pockets store essentials for a day on the slopes
- Athletic fit keeps down closer to body for maximum warmth and style
- Q & A
Love this jacket!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XS
This jacket kept me warm while skiing just below 0 degrees C. I only wear a single base layer underneath this. While I was on the ski lift, the icy wind almost froze my nose off, but my body was completely fine. Love the pockets (they are very soft), love the ski skirt to keep the jacket nice and snug to my body.
I originally purchased size S, thinking that I would wear extra layers underneath. I ended up downsizing to XS since S was way too big.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
I am really happy with this jacket! It is very light weight and I find it warm and it feels like you are wearing a sleeping bag without the bulk. Love that the hood is large enough to fit over my helmet when skiing on cold days. Very happy with pockets and location/size. This is now my go to coat and I wear it over suits to work too. The only days I would opt for another jacket is wet weather. Not sure it will hold up to skiing in freezing rain.