- Detail Images
Backcountry fluency for skiers who have earned it.
If your favorite ski days start when the alarm sounds at 5 a.m. and end when twilight falls, look no further—the Mountain Hardwear Rogue Composite Jacket is designed just for you. With fluency in bombing lines in the backcountry and skinning up ridges, it's ready for everything from cold midwinter tours and to spring corn harvests.
From the outside in, you'll start by finding an packable 2.5-layer shell that offers mechanical stretch to move with you—this shields you from ice and wind that try to penetrate to your core. Underneath is a Polartec Alpha insulated jacket that's breathable, water-resistant, and removable for those warmer days. You can access the pockets of the inner jacket through two harness-and-pack-compatible core vents on the shell, which allow for easy heat dumping and minimal bulk. When the wind starts to whip, you can throw the helmet-compatible hood on over top of everything and cinch it down tightly to keep the storm on the outside.
- All-in-one solution for skiing in the resort or backcountry
- 3-in-1 construction combines weather protection with insulation
- 2.5-layer shell is waterproof, packable, and breathable
- Polartec insulated liner is highly breathable and water-resistant
- Extra-long torso vents dump heat during the ascent
- Helmet-compatible hood cinches down to seal out wind
- Powder skirt keeps you dry from snow beneath
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
Bought this as a gift for a friend who was getting into snowboarding and needed a jacket, so far he has had nothing but good things to say about it. Will definitely update if I hear anything new on the piece!