Jack of all trades.
Whether you are climbing on a crisp autumn day or skinning it to a backcountry cache, the Mountain Equipment Men's Eclipse Zip Top offers a year-round layering piece for the most demanding applications. Crafted from Polartec fleece, this moisture-wicking top can be used as a heavyweight base or a lightweight midlayer. A Polygiene antimicrobial treatment offers permanent odor control, and the deep center front zip provides easy ventilation when things start to heat up. Designed with an active fit, this shirt features seam-free hips for comfort with a harness or rucksack, so you can move comfortably all year long.
- A year-round top for the most demanding outdoor applications
- Polartec fleece offers warmth and moisture-wicking power
- Polygiene antimicrobial technology for permanent odor control
- Seam-free hips for comfort with a harness or rucksack
- Deep center zip for ventilation
- Low-bulk cuffs with integrated thumbloops
- Active fit for easy base or midlayering
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: large
This is a great insulating piece from fall on. It wicks and is super breathable. The deep vent gives it a lot of versatility although it is breathable enough to seldom need it. Worn under a shell it gives a nice microclimate, but take it off and you feel the moisture escaping right through it. It's close-fitting and seams are out of the way so it is comfortable with a backpack.
Great Lightweight piece
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: M
This is my first item made by Mountain Equipment, Inc. (British gear manufacturer). I've got to say, I'm very impressed. This is very well thought out and well made. It is also the perfect weight to wear all year round. I purchased a medium - it weighs exactly 9.4oz. Very versatile:
- cool weather running
- over workout gear to and from the gym
- base layer or light mid-weight layer
- great skinning layer for the up, throw a layer on over it for the down
I plan to wear this on an upcoming climb of Pico de Orizaba in Mexico, where I'll be in temps ranging from warm to quite cold up high. I think this will serve many functions on that trip because it is such a versatile weight.
In summary, this is a very well-made piece and the attention to detail is obvious. Really impressed with the quality of this brand.
|EU Size||48 - 50||50 - 52||52 - 54||54 - 56||56 - 58|
38 - 40in
(96.5 - 101.6cm)
40 - 42in
(101.6 - 106.7cm)
42 - 44in
(106.7 - 111.8cm)
44 - 46in
(111.8 - 116.8cm)
46 - 48in
(116.8 - 121.9cm)
Short 29in (73cm)
Regular 31in (79.5cm)
Long 33in (84.5cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.