- Detail Images
Serious about staying dry.
Montane's Alpine Pro Men's Jacket is serious about one thing: keeping you dry in the alpine. Its Gore-Tex Pro shell, no-frills design, and robust face fabric puts an emphasis on durability and stops moisture dead in its tracks while maintaining exceptional breathability. Montane exceeded industry standards when it built the Alpine Pro by exceeding the stitch count along the seams to increase durability and employing a low-bulk seam tape to reduce the overall weight and mass of the jacket.
Although fairly light on features, the Alpine Pro employs a less is more philosophy behind its design. The protective hood is bolstered by a tall collar to shield the face, and it is helmet compatible so it can be cinched tight around a climbing helmet when high winds and driving snow catch you outside of your tent. Large underarm vents rapidly vacate excess heat when you're working hard up a mountain, and the gusseted gloves are specifically designed to fit around bulky mountaineering gloves to form a snow-tight seal at the wrists. As far as fit goes, the Alpine Pro has a trim cut with slightly larger chest and bicep dimensions to accommodate extra layers. The dropped back hem offers additional coverage, and the tailored arms help mitigate hem lift when you're swinging ice tools and placing screws.
- A minimalist shell designed for the alpine
- Gore-Tex Pro shell is waterproof and breathable
- Fully taped seams prevent moisture from seeping through
- Micro tape along seams minimize weight and bulk
- Hood is helmet compatible, adjustable, and stowable
- Underarm vents allow cool air to circulate through
- Trim fit with slightly larger chest and biceps
- Tailored arms help mitigate hem lift while climbing