Maxxis Rekon Race Tire - 29in
Select Style & SizeSelect options
- 29 x 2.25in
- Tubeless Ready (TR)
- [max] 60psi
- Claimed Weight:
- Recommended Use:
- Manufacturer Warranty:
Rekon Race Tire 29in
For fast hardpack trails, a trail tire with burly knobs may cause you to use more energy than you need to. Maxxis created the Rekon Race Tire 29in as an XC race tire for this type of terrain. The semi-slick tread pattern is inspired by the effective Rekon trail tire, but uses smaller and shorter knobs that accelerate and roll noticeably faster. Use it as a rear tire paired with a more aggressive front, or run it front and rear for a speedy setup for short track racing.
The Rekon Race uses a supple 120tpi casing that conforms to trail obstacles for smooth damping, paired with Maxxis's Dual Compound rubber that strikes a good balance between consistent traction and long wear life. Maxxis tires have generally held up well for us, and this one comes in at an impressive 610g that is cross country race worthy.
- XC race tire designed for speed on hardpack trails
- Smaller, shorter knobs find grip and accelerate quickly
- Supple casing conforms to obstacles for a smooth ride
- Rubber compound balances traction and long wear life
- Impressive weight is ready for cross country racing