Ride on the fringes.
Roadies think you're eccentric, and the MTB crowd just doesn't understand. Gravel riding isn't for everyone, but you'll take being a misunderstood figure for miles of empty, unpaved roads any day. Gear up for a summer of bikepacking to unexplored locales with the Maxxis Ravager EXO/TR Tire between you and the ground. Rather than just allowing you to take your endurance road bike onto deteriorating country roads, the Ravager's beefier tread has rougher terrain in mind.
Large, squared side knobs dig in when you're cornering on bumpy doubletrack, while an efficient column of squared center knobs maintain grip and traction on dusty, sun-baked "roads". This version of the Ravager comes with a 120 TPI, which will help you stay moving smoothly on days you have a stricter itinerary, and Maxxis' always impressive EXO protection readies the Ravager to face thorns, rocks, and tumbleweed for days on end.
- Travel new routes and tougher roads with this gravel tire
- Tread profile digs in on rough, rocky singletrack
- Tall side knobs keep you cornering with confidence
- Dual compound rubber delivers both grip and speed
- EXO protection defends against flats
- Q & A
big fan of the bigger tire
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Great winter tire
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Pedaled thru every possible condition on these today. Climbed, rolled and cornered without disappointment. If the rubber doesn't wear too fast... they are soft... they may also be for all seasons. Be sure to have a compressor to start and set the bead with a floor pump. Stoked!