Assegai Wide Trail 3C/TR 29in Tire
Style & Size:
Why We Like The Assegai Wide Trail 3C/TR Tire
The Maxxis Assegai Wide Trail 3C/TR 29in Tire provides unrelenting cornering grip and confidence-inspiring control across a wide range of conditions ranging from loose and dusty to slick roots and rocks after a recent rainfall. It's Minnaar's tire of choice for downhill racing and trail riding in all but the wettest, sloppiest mud encountered throughout the season, showcasing the Assegai's unbelievable grip and versatility. Minnaar looked at the design blueprints of both the Shorty and DHR in the making of this tire, creating one that bites tenaciously with its taller knobs and provides a lot of cornering support.
It's available exclusively in 2.5-inch Wide Trail casing, which optimizes its tread spacing for aggressive trail riders and downhill racers running wider rims for better traction and cornering control at the absolute limit. Maxxis recommends running this 2.5-inch tire on rim widths of 30 to 35 millimeters, giving you the ability to drastically lower tire pressure to gain benefits of grip and compliance over rugged stretches of trail.
The dual-ply downhill casing makes it up to the task of your favorite gravity riding disciplines, from lift-accessed park laps at the local resort to shuttle laps up the pass on the weekends. Maxxis 3C Maxx Grip compound uses the softest rubber compounds for superior grip and control when you're pushing things to the absolute limit on high-speed downhill runs. Additionally, it's tubeless-compatible, so you can securely seal them to the rim without any issues when you're riding hard and fast on downhill trails.
- Burly, grippy tire for downhill racing and trail riding
- Inspired by Shorty and DHR with its tall, aggressive knobs
- Excels across wide range of conditions, from dusty to wet
- 2.5-inch Wide Trail design pairs with rims of 30 to 35mm
- 3C Maxx Grip compound uses softer rubber for all-out grip
- Dual-ply downhill casing withstands gravity disciplines
- Tubeless-ready for gaining traction and compliance
- Item #MXX007C
- 3C Maxx Grip
- [DH 3C MaxxGrip] Downhill, [MaxxTerra 3C/EXO/TR] EXO, [Double Down/3C/MaxxGrip] Double Down
- 29 x 2.5 in
- tubeless-ready clincher
- [max pressure] 50 psi
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 15.1oz (1334g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- downhill, enduro
- Manufacturer Part Number