- Detail Images
Light and Fast.
From climbing cliff faces in cool conditions to approaching the summit through high winds, the Marmot Men's Skyon Jacket completes your fast and light layering system as a high-performing midlayer. Its Polartec Power Grid fleece shaves weight and makes the jacket more compressible for easy carry in your pack. The grid construction enhances warmth and breathability to keep you comfortable from the ascent to the descent. An athletic fit provides easy layering, while the harness-compatible design gives you access to pockets when you're on the move.
- A performance fleece for your fast and light alpine excursions
- Polartec Power Grid fleece enhances warmth and saves weight
- Zippered hand pockets remain accessible with a harness on
- High collar for additional protection
- Athletic fit for easy layering
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
Pros: it's light, nice athletic cut, warm for the weight, well made.
Cons: this fleece lacks the features to justify it's MSPR. It's a very basic garment. One feature I'd like to see on it is an elastic cord in the hem. I have a 31" waist and I hate it when midlayers flare out around the bottom. This does have a form fit out of the box, but who knows if that would hold true over time. The styling could use some upgrading to make it better suited as a light casual jacket for urban adventures.
As a midlayer it should work well. I'd re-buy it if I find it at a deep discount.