Scrambling and rambling.
A pair of casual trousers might be able to handle the trails leading up to the alpine, but you'll need a technical pair of softshells if you're determined to reach the summit. The Marmot Men's Scrambler Pant is extremely breathable and stretchy to keep you comfy on alpine scrambles, and it's ruggedly resistant against showers and light rain for the incremental weather that seems to always inhabit alpine environments. Marmot reinforced the knees because, all though you aren't planning on it, there will be slips and knee-scuffs from time to time.
- Technical softshell for rocky treks and alpine climbs
- M3 Softshell is highly breathable, stretchy, and water-resistant
- Reinforced knees add long-lasting durability
- All hand, thigh, and rear pockets are zippered for security
- Q & A
Good light weight pants
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 34
These are a good option for the money. I put two pair of them through the wringer on a 6 day climb up Kilimanjaro and like them. The only complaint I have is they stretched at the waste and don’t have any belt loops. Great for single day use.