Fitting Aunt Ruth, your brother, the dog, a random stranger, and all your camp stuff into the car is a real jigsaw puzzle, but getting them all into the Marmot Midpines 4-Person 3-Season Tent isn’t nearly so complicated. The ultra-wide door easily accommodates anything you care to stuff through it - dogs, logs, queen-sized mattresses - and the color-coded three-pole system means that setup will be the easiest thing you’ve done all day. The Midpines is decked out with the best bells and whistles, too (but not actual bells and whistles, because that’d make it hard to sleep). There’s a Lamp Shade pocket that turns the beam of your headlamp into ambient lighting for a game of cards, a whole load of pockets for easy storage, and reflective details that help you avoid tripping over your own tent in the middle of the night, which can be a real downer.
- On a car-camping trip with the whole crew, you can’t beat the space and ease of the Midpines
- The whole gang can fit through the humongous double door and stash gear in the giant vestibule
- Intense summer downpours won’t penetrate the seam-taped and vented fly
- Color-coded clips and poles make for easy pitching, even for inexperienced campers like Aunt Ruth
- Setup uses only three poles, so pitching your tent is easy even in the dark
- Stick a headlamp in the Lamp Shade Pocket to light up the whole tent for a game of cards
- Plenty of pockets make storing books, headlamps, and glasses easy