- Detail Images
Every adventure starts with a great foundation.
Every great climb or powder day starts with a great base layer. For example, the Marmot Men's Abbott 1/2-Zip Sweater makes a solid underpinning for all the face shots and sweaty epics you're likely to endure by combining their CoolMax fabric with a blend of wool and polyester to offer solid insulation, quick drying capacity, and moisture wicking tech that'll keep your core warm, no matter how hard you sweat. Plus, the Abbot integrates flat seams to reduce chafing and underarm gussets, so your climbing and ski pole planting motions won't meet resistance from a stiff construction.
- A base layer for skiing, riding, touring, climbing and hiking
- CoolMax keeps moisture from saturating—wicks sweat away from skin
- Performance wool provides warmth and keeps body from overheating
- Polyester helps layer dry out quick after long cardio sessions
- Underarm gussets help support your range of movement
- Flatlock seams reduce chafing and prevent skin irritation