Robust and reliable.
Mammut designed its Crater HS Jacket for the unpredictable and frequently harsh conditions you’ll encounter in the high alpine. It’s composed of a highly waterproof and breathable three-layer Gore-Tex shell to keep pace with fast-moving ascents, while a simple yet effective design delivers critical coverage without adding unnecessary bulk or weight. The hood, which can be adjusted at the back and front, fits over most climbing helmets and is bolstered by easy-to-access underarm vents to let excess heat escape, preventing wet base- and mid-layers when you’re pushing through high winds and heavy snowfall.
- Streamlined shell keeps you dry mountaineering or ski touring
- Three-layer Gore-Tex is highly breathable and waterproof
- Durable face fabric withstands heavy wear and tear in the alpine
- Underarm vents can be opened up to prevent overheating
- Front pockets are easily accessible while wearing a climbing harness
- Fully adjustable hood fits over most climbing helmets for full coverage
- Item #MAMU52H
- [membrane] 3L GORE-TEX, [face fabric] 100% polyester
- Waterproof Rating
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- [medium] 30in
- helmet-compatible, adjustable
- 2 zipper hand, 1 zippered internal
- underarm zippers
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 4.4oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
January 8, 2021
2 years in and she's still going.
- I've put it through the wringer
I bought the crater HS in 2018, and im glad I did. Its been used on every dog walk, hiking trip, backpacking, snowshoeing an many other activities. It hasn't let me down one time in this 2 years, it has needed washing and that cleans the jacket and I just dry on low with cotton dryer balls for 30 minutes and she's back to a new jacket. If I did have a complaint, it would be the main zipper, hasn't broken but has gotten me stuck 2 times till I got her free, no mud or grime or clothes stuck in zipper just got stuck. I would highly recommend this jacket to anyone who lives in the Pacific Northwest or any other wet and rainy area.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com