Its Like Wearing a Sleeping Bag!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
I love this jacket. It is warm, comfortable, durable, and very packable. Its warmth to weight ratio is great. It is like putting on a sleeping bag and getting all cozy whenever I pull it out of my pack. I hardly ever travel without it. It has become my go-to puffy when I am stopped for lunch on a ski tour, belaying in the winter, working in snowpits, camping on glaciers, or just need to stay warm in the winter. I have even used it in combination with a super light summer weight sleeping bag on Rainier to make my pack light but still be warm when I am sleeping. The only downside is that it is not fireproof ;) doh.
It fits true to size with slightly longer than normal sleeves which is also nice for when you want to pull your hands inside the cozy warm sleeves. I am 6'2" 150 lbs with a torso that is pretty short and long legs. I typically wear a medium sized jacket and my Ambler is also a medium.
Some of my favorite features:
* Great warmth to weight ratio
* The shell material is down-proof so the feathers don't leak out. It is also somewhat water resistant.
* Awesome hood that easily cinches up around your head.
* Well placed and good sized pockets.
* Incredible coziness!