MT Trail Sport Disc Brake Set
Who you calling entry-level?
Mixing and matching a four-piston front caliper with a two-piston rear, the Magura MT Trail Sport Disc Brake Set delivers unrivaled stopping power and precise modulation at an affordable price that leaves room for future upgrades. Although it's pegged as an "entry-level" trail brake for riders lacking deeper pockets, the MT Trail Sport takes much of its architecture and performance cues from Magura's top-tier MT Trail Carbon Disc Brakes. This is readily noticeable the minute you mount them to your trusty trail steed, as you'll feel the dialed ergonomics and brute stopping force usually reserved for brakes costing a couple more Benjamins.
The only caveat is a bit more weight than its pricier sibling, but it's only about 15 grams heavier, which isn't that substantial, considering the brake levers are alloy instead of carbon. Other areas where Magura saves you some dough lie in the construction of the brake lever housing, which uses a revised version of their signature Carbotecture material. Additionally, you'll find it uses one-finger brake lever architecture for instantaneous stopping without exerting excess leverage or resorting to a two-finger squeeze to achieve the same effect.
The MT Trail Sport Disc Brake Set comes with both brake levers and calipers. You'll have to pick up rotors and mounting brackets separately. Magura recommends running their Storm HC Rotors at the front and rear, which are available in sizes of 160, 180, and 203 millimeters. Each brake lever is reach-adjustable with an allen key for simplicity. Furthermore, the MT Trail Sport Disc Brake Set has Magura's Performance non-metallic pads installed and it's fully compatible with Magura's aftermarket brake lever clamps for a cleaner cockpit with Shimano and SRAM shift levers.
- Magura's delivers powerful trail brakes at affordable price
- Four-piston front paired with two-piston rear caliper
- One-finger brake lever improves the braking ergonomics
- Alloy brake levers are reach-adjustable with allen key
- Brake lever housing of revised Carbotecture for low weight
- Rotors and mounting brackets are not included
- Magura recommends pairing with their Storm HC Rotors
- Compatible with Magura aftermarket brake lever clamps
- Item #MGR002J
- 1-Finger Lever (short HC aluminum lever)
- Lever Adjustability
- Reach adjust (allen-adjustable)
- aluminum, 4-piston front and 2-piston rear
- Mount Type
- post mount
- mineral oil (Magura Royal Blood)
- Magura Storm HC (sold separately)
- Rotor Size
- 160mm, 180mm, 203mm (available sizes for Magura Storm HC)
- Rotor Attachment
- 6-bolt disc (for Magura Storm HC)
- Claimed Weight
- [front] 9oz (255g), [rear] 8.1oz (230g), [set] 1lb 1.1oz (485g)
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years