There's a time and a place: winter.
While it's name might evoke memories of your favorite, melodrama TV series courtesy of 1992, the Lowa Women's Melrose GTX Mid Boot is anything but complicated or scandalous. In fact, the Melrose is a bit more straight forward and features a stylish, sneaker-inspired silhouette for tackling some of winter's toughest weather.
The Melrose is fashioned with a full-grain leather that offers a classic look, while the Gore-Tex membrane is waterproof and breathable, and ultimately protects your foot from errant moisture, slush puddles, and precipitation. A fleece lining provides a cozy, plush feel, and the PU midsole attenuates shock for day-long support. Meanwhile, the sneaker outsole touts just-enough traction to ensure you stay upright, rather than four paws up on the ground.
- A stylish, sneaker-inspired boot for winter weather
- Full-grain leather offers a classic look
- Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex protects against precipitation
- Fleece lining provides a cozy, plush feel
- PU midsole attenuates shock for day-long support
- Sneaker outsole ensures traction when you need it most
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
These are awesome. Super cute for being a 100% functional winter hiking snowboot. These have an attractive, supple--yet durable--leather material, but I ended up going with the Lowa Fiss GTX Mid Winter Boot instead because they have a zipper, which makes them super easy to put on!