Alley cat eyes.
Pairing the Urban 500 Onyx front light with the Vis 180 Micro out back is Light & Motion's best bang-for-buck commuter combo. The brand makes brighter, larger lights, but the average alley cat won't need anything more substantial than this pair. The Urban 500 projects almost as many lumens as a typical car headlight, and the Vis 180 Micro is every bit as powerful as the Vis Pro but in a smaller package. Both lights still feature the flashing daylight mode, and the Vis 180 Micro has the same critical mass-approved paceline mode, which spares your fellow cyclists' retinae while keeping the side visibility up.
- A cycling light combo for alley cats after dark
- 500-lumen output almost matches car headlights
- Amber sidelights extend visibility 360 degrees
- Paceline mode doesn't blind anyone on your wheel
- Daylight mode pulses to get noticed
- Easily detachable to secure in a pocket or bag while on foot
- Weather-resistant construction handles rain better than your brake tracks