Bust out the big gun.
When fresh snow is measured in feet along the local pass, grab your backcountry pack, snow safety tools, and Lib Tech Wide Split Brd before skinning up and ripping lines worthy of a magazine cover. Tailored to the needs of bigger riders seeking a bit more stability and float for devouring the steep and deep, the Wide Splitboard comes in longer and wider shape outlines to provide unflappable confidence in the backcountry.
Lib Tech designed the Wide Split Brd to make bagging descents down drool-worthy lines easier than you've ever imagined, thanks to its lightweight construction, C3 profile for skinning ease, and directional shape for surfing pow on the way down. This early-release model is the result of Lib Tech's extensive focus on a split that skins uphill just as competently as it rips down, making it an excellent choice for long days in the backcountry where saving energy is crucial to making one more lap of your favorite stash.
C3 camber is ideal for a splitboard, as the touring brackets have camber directly underneath to help you gain confidence and control on the uphill skin. Another benefit of C3 is the excellent edge hold afforded by a predominately camber design, especially considering its use with serrated Magne-Traction edges. And because it's not as floaty as more rocker-dominant profiles, Lib Tech adds a bit of rocker to the large nose, so you can float across powder without helplessly bogging down.
- Lib Tech's touring machine tailored to bigger riders
- C3 is camber-dominant for powerful response and edge hold
- Directional shape with large, rockered nose for enhanced float
- Medium-stiff flex pattern maintains stability at higher speeds
- Karakoram Ultra Clips eliminate centerline slop and excess flex
- Lightweight paulownia core reinforced with beech along rails
- Triax/biax fiberglass lay-up for torsional responsiveness
- TNT base is extruded for easier maintenance and repair
- Q & A
Freeride Freestyle for everyone!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
With a profile & shape similar to the GNU mullair this model has a natural knack for freeride freestyle so ideal for a lot of split situations. With the arsenal of Karakoram clips on the board and the trusted mervin board design this thing is a pleasure to ride in any condition.