A balancing act.
The Center Axis Rod & Reel System has revolutionized the concept of balance in fly fishing. Lamson placed the mass of the Litespeed reel in line with the rod’s axis, reducing the twisting forces generated by traditional setups during casting. This placement also minimizes the levering effect that typical reel placement has on the setup, making it easier to balance a heavier reel.
The graphite rod has medium-fast action to give you a powerful cast that sends your fly farther out over the water, with a responsive feel that accurately reflects your motions. Depending on rod weight, the Center Axis is equipped with either a reverse half wells or full wells style handle, interfacing well with the way the weight of the in-line reel affects your grip. The Litespeed Center Axis reel has a large arbor giving it a high retrieve rate while the narrow spool and integrated drag help the reel maintain a low-profile shape and low weight. This lightweight reel is not light on durability, as its machined aluminum body is coated in an exclusive, corrosion-resistant shield called Micralox.
- Four-piece rod and reel system for fly fishing
- Medium-fast action rod is powerful and responsive
- Inline reel minimizes twisting force and leveraging weight
- Machined aluminum construction is durable and lightweight
- Micralox coating protects the reel from corrosion
- Large arbor size for a fast retrieve
- Sealed, integrated drag can be used around saltwater