The Maximo LS Climbing Skins are just as light and reliable as the rando ski La Sportiva shaped them for. These high-performance skins feature a mohair nylon blend for smooth gliding, gripped traction, and long-lasting durability. La Sportiva added a four-layer lamination process to resist icing and reduce glopping. The standard clip and tail offer universal compatibility in case you want to use the skins for future skis.
- High-performance climbing skins for rando racing any terrain
- Mohair blend balances glide, traction, and durability
- Four-layer lamination adds water-resistance to resist icing
- Standard clip and tail for compatibility with Maximo LS Ski
- Q & A
Works well, but had no choice
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I was pretty much forced into using the La Sportiva Maximo climbing skins because they are the only ones that fit the Maximo skis my friends gave me. It's nice that the skins are a custom fit, no cutting required. They ARE superlight, and the do grip pretty well. The tail connector is a no brainer however the tip hook is a little confusing. I put up with them because I really like the skis.