First there was the stopper, and then the cam, and now....
Calling all offwidth climbers, your hero piece has arrived. Kong's innovative Gipsy is the new essential trad gear for wide cracks. The pieces are at once lighter, smaller, and stronger than their competitive counterparts in similar placement ranges. They fit on harnesses better, and you won't debate whether you can work your way around the wide stuff without bulky gear like you would with traditional cams. Locking buttons make these pieces surprisingly simple to place and clean, using only one hand.
- Trad gear replaces the wide cams in your climbing rack
- Lighter weight and smaller design fits better on harnesses
- Impressive strength specs beat the competition's
- Locking button eases placements and cleaning
- Q & A
go big or go home
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
gave me peace of mind placing in some big off-width and chimneys where didn't have pro big enough to place- worth every penny now and they are lighter than a BD and have a bigger range.