- Detail Images
Bring on the white stuff.
You don't cringe at the sight of snowy days because that means you get to wear the Keen Men's Durand Polar Shell WP Boot. With a combination of waterproof, breathable protection and Keen.Warm insulation, the Durand Polar Shell helps your foot feel like it's enjoying a tropical vacation in sub-zero climates. Keen also added a Thermal Heat Shield footbed to add underfoot warmth as well. The midsole is surprisingly stiff for how cushy it feels, especially at the heel, and it assures stability if you decide to go for a hike that day. The rubber sole gives resilient grip whether you're walking in a winter wonderland or an icy tundra.
- A winter-ready boot built for snowy trails and icy sidewalks
- Keen.Dry waterproof, breathable membrane
- Insulated design defends against cold winter temperatures
- Thermal Heat Shield footbed adds warmth underfoot
- Stiff yet cushy midsole stabilizes rugged terrain
- Keen comfort rates this boot to -25F
- Q & A
Best winter boot I've owned
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
I love the Keen Durand. In the past I've either owned boots that seemed too heavy or less protective from the elements. I think of these a perfect balance. I walk a lot, even in the middle of winter with 2 feet of snow on the ground. These are very comfortable, the don't produce blisters, no awkward pinches, and they are about as light as you can get with winter boots. I will advise to buy a half size larger than you typically wear. This seems to be true across all winter boots, so I'm not docking these any points for running a bit small.