Kastle FX86 Ski
- 153cm, 161cm, 169cm, 177cm, 185cm
- 123 / 86 / 114mm
- Turn Radius:
- [153cm] 10.6m, [161cm] 12.2m, [169cm] 13.9m, [177cm] 15.7m, [185cm] 17.6m
- early rise
- poplar, beech, paulownia
- hook free
- Claimed Weight:
- [153cm] 6lb 7.4oz, [161cm] 6lb 13oz, [169cm] 7lb 2.3oz, [177cm] 7lb 7.9oz, [185cm] 7lb 13.2oz
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 2 years
Why We Like The FX86 Ski
You’re a jack of many trades, and that means you might start your day on the groomers, hit the bumps when they soften up in the afternoon, and dip into the trees when the snow is looking pristine, and you need a ski that can keep up. Kastle’s FX86 makes a name for itself as a venerable all-mountain tool, packing in technology left and right to keep your ski lively, responsive, and light. It uses Hollowtech 3.0 technology that removes unnecessary materials from the front of your ski for less weight and improved vibration damping, while TRI-TECH construction combines a triple wood core with 3D shape for stability and sustainability.
- Lively and light all-mountain skis for skiing it all
- Triple wood core shaves down weight, feels responsive and stable
- 3D shape varies thickness for contoured shape and rigidity
- Hollowtech 3.0 removes unneeded material at tip for damping
- Early rise tip and tail for easy handling in any terrain
- Low, traditional camber under foot keeps the ski forgiving
- Hook-free shovel and tail help prevent edge snags in turns
Recommended Sizing Guide
Your ski size is largely determined by both your skiing ability and your preferred style of skiing. For example, an expert skier in Vermont will ski a far different ski than an expert in British Columbia. So take a look at our chart and explanations and find your perfect fit. Your weight also plays a large factor in finding the right ski. If you are either under or over average weight for your height consider downsizing or upsizing, respectively.
|Big-Mountain Freeride||Backcountry Jib||All-Mountain||Park & Pipe||All-Mountain Carve|
|Pro||180 - 200cm||180 - 190cm||180 - 190cm||175 - 185cm||175 - 185cm|
|Expert||170 - 180cm||175 - 185cm||170 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||170 - 185cm|
|Intermediate||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 175cm|
|Entry Level||N/A||N/A||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm|
SKILL LEVEL EXPLANATIONS
Pro: Excels on any terrain, on any snow condition. Enjoys high speeds.
Expert: Comfortable on any terrain and most snow conditions.
Intermediate: Comfortable on Blue trails, exploring Black trails.
Entry Level: Learning to ski Green and Blue trails.
SKIING STYLE EXPLANATIONS
Big-Mountain Freeride: High speeds, deep powder, steep lines, straightlining, chutes, cliffs.
Backcountry Jib: Backcountry kickers, hucking, twintips, deep powder.
All-Mountain: From bumps to back bowls, groomers to glades; everything and anywhere on the mountain.
Park & Pipe: De-tuned edges and buttery twin tips, occasionally pole-impaired.
All-Mountain Carve: Stiff. High-speed corduroy cutter. For those blind to SLOW signs.