Sure, summer vacation is everyone's favorite, but imagine Scandinavia in the winter, when the foods taste rich and the tourist clusters are rare. The Women's Kari Traa Rothe Down Parka locks in the warmth, leaving you free to explore the fish market at Bergen, or the gardens of Drottningholm Palace, with plenty of winter style to spare. Filled with duck down, the baffles keep these air-trapping feathers evenly distributed, and internally integrated wrist gaiters keep out chilly drafts. The shoulders are reinforced, so you can bring along your shopping bag to stuff with fresh salmon and crab legs, and the hourglass cut offers body-hugging warmth with enough room for layering over your wool Norwegian heritage sweater.
- Down parka will help keep you toasty for the winter tourist season
- Duck down provides air-trapping loft for warmer adventures
- Insulated hood and wrist gaiters keep the salty sea breeze at bay
- Reinforced shoulders for your shopping satchel or backpack
- Thigh-length coverage offers extra defense against the cold
- Regular fit with tapered cut offers style with room for layering
- Q & A
Great down parka!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
Fits great thru middle and shoulders. Plenty of room for sweatshirt under. Doesn't cut into my armpits which is really nice. Sleeves are long enough and cuffs aren't too tight. The hood fits my big head, another plus. It zips up over my neck without being tight as well. I wish this had a two way zipper because it's a little snug thru my hip area...But it has zippers on the sides so those help. It actually has 5 pockets, not 2. Seems to be made nice. Fairly light weight yet warm. I would give this 5 stars if it had a tiny bit more hip room and two way zipper. I returned my large for an xl and now i have more room thru the hips, order up if you need space in that area. I'm normally a med or large.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Bend to the side and measure around the place where your waist bends, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Stand with feet together and measure around the fullest part of the hip.
- Measure from the crotch to the floor with no shoes.