Head's A-Star SW Ski may not make you the best skier on the mountain, but it will give you the power, float, and stability you need when you're slaying pow, ripping big lines, and sending big drops. New to Head's lineup, these big mountain boards are geared towards aggressive freeskiers with a wide 118mm waist and versatile profile that dominates everything from hero snow between the trees to scraped-out chutes.
Made with Head's Sandwich Cap construction, the A-Star has a half-cap build that maintains vertical sidewalls for added durability and easier edge repairs, but it has a capped topsheet that is resistant to chipping and wear, so your skis still look killer after a season's worth of heavy riding. Tip rocker offers float and easy turn initiation in deep snow, while camber underfoot and a flat tail keep the ski stable and powerful when conditions require a more active skiing style. Head's Tip and Tail Stabilizer System works with the Independent Suspension System to limit vibrations, resulting in a damp and stable ride when conditions turn firm.
- An aggressive freeride ski that loves big turns and big terrain
- Wide 118mm waist and 137mm shovel floats deep pow
- Tip rocker for increased float and easy turn initiation
- Camber underfoot with flat tail has a powerful feel
- Half-cap construction with Tuffwalls for added durability
- Independent Suspension System and Tip and Tail Stabilizer System