Wet weather warning.
If you knew it was going to rain cats and dogs during your entire backpacking trip, then you probably would have trekked somewhere else, but since you're here, you might as well slip into the Hanwag Women's Tatra GTX Hiking Boot and explore the drizzly surroundings until your rain jacket gets drenched. Gore-Tex gives this boot reliable waterproof, breathable protection for fending off raindrops and muddy trails, while Vibram's large lugs ensure traction when the going gets wet.
- Burly boot built for backcountry trekking
- Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex for optimal wet weather protection
- Sturdy Terracare Zero leather upper for long-lasting durability
- Graded memory footbed for superior shape retention
- Shank midsole with shock-absorbing heel for comfort
- Vibram rubber sole with large lugs for traction on moderate terrain
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 9
These boots are the bomb. They feel good out of the box and great after getting a few miles under them. I am not always a fan of the big boots on backpacking trips but if you're carrying a heavy load or you're on a trail that's super talus-y, these are the best option. They're stable and with the shank, talus fields feel like asphalt roads. Seriously. If you have questions on sizing please reach out to me directly.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The ankle support is very firm, true to size, seems like they will be perfect for hiking. When she takes them out, I will update the review.