No problem for Haglöfs.
You can rely on Haglöfs clothing to keep you comfortably dry and warm atop frozen, snowy peaks, so it's no problem for the Haglöfs Men's Torsang Parka at keeping your business suits dry on rainy, snowy transits to work. Its Proof membrane boasts the same reliable waterproof, breathable ratings as some of Haglöfs' ski jackets. Polartec's Classic pile fleece and Haglöfs' QuadFusion insulation fend off cold temperatures as you walk from the car to the office.
- Insulated parka protects your business outfit from wet weather
- Proof membrane boasts the same waterproofing as most ski jackets
- Polartec fleece and QuadFusion insulation fend off freezing temps
- Adjustments at hood and cuffs keep the elements out
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I only use this as a casual jacket, but so far so good. I took this on a trip to Finland and Sweden and it was a lifesaver! Fits well, looks good and mostly keeps me warm. I wish it packed down smaller for travel and had a bit more stretch but other than that it’s a solid, reliable jacket
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XL
Most jackets like these seem to have normal nylon liners. This one stood out because the thick fleece/sherpa style lining is super soft and cozy. That, combined with being waterproof and well insulated make this thing a sweet all around winter coat. I suppose you could ski in it if you really wanted, but it looks good so I'll just be keeping it clean and using it as my work and around town jacket.
At 6' 200lbs I can wear Large or XL, but the XL give some some extra room for layers.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Bend to the side and measure around the place where your waist bends, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Stand with feet together and measure around the fullest part of the hip.
- Measure from the crotch to the floor with no shoes.