- 164cm, 170cm, 176cm
- [176cm] 127 / 89 / 108mm
- Turn Radius:
- [176cm] 16.5m
- Tour Rocker (early rise)
- fiberglass, titanal binding reinforcement
- die-cut graphite
- Recommended Use:
- backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year
Core 89 Ski
Whether you're heading out after a storm that's dumped a few fresh inches, or a storm that's windswept your favorite lines, you're gonna get after it with the Hagan Ski Mountaineering Core 89 Ski. This set of all-mountain tourers is great for backcountry skiers of all ilks, giving you solid downhill performance that won't leave you aching on the skin track. The paulownia wood core keeps them lightweight for the uphill slog, while fiberglass laminates and titanal reinforcements ensure stiff response all the way down. Carbon in the tip and tail minimize swingweight, allowing quick and nimble response when the route gets tricky.
Part of the Core Tour AllMountain series, the Core 89 Ski is built for varying turns in varying snow conditions. As the widest in the collection, the 89 boasts improved downhill performance over the Core 84, helping you float just a little more when the snow is deep and soft. Its Tour Rocker profile features early rise in the tips to help you tackle whatever comes your way, with slight rocker in the tails to ease you through turns. Like many Hagan skis, the tip and tail include a notch on the tip and hook on the tail for quick and easy climbing skin attachment, and enables you to rip skins without stepping out of your skis.
New for the 2019-2020 season, the Core series is built with a 3D-cap construction, which uses a strengthening "rib" that widens toward the tip and tail of the ski, tapering to a thin profile. This unique design simultaneously reduces mass while also creating progressive flex. It still uses vertical ABS sidewalls mid-ski to ensure a high level of power transmission, so you'll be relieved of excess weight while still retaining all the tools you need to slash deep, energetic turns.
- All-mountain touring skis that can handle a wide range of conditions
- 89mm waist favors downhill performance without too much added weight
- Early rise tips sail effortlessly over crud and fresh snow alike
- Camber underfoot delivers quick edge-to-edge performance
- Lightweight paulownia core keeps the sticks light and responsive
- Fiberglass and titanal add torsional rigidity and strength
- Carbon tip and tail deliver low swing weight for quick hop turns
- Quick Tour skin system lets you transition with your skis on