Carbon at the core.
Don't be fooled by the Hagan Core 88 Ski's skinny waist and ridiculously light weight; this isn't some noodly plank that only helps on the uphill. Two layers of carbon keep this ultralight ski surprisingly stiff for the downhill, and Hagan designed the sidecut to ride well in most high-altitude, backcountry conditions. An 88mm waist undeniably excels in firmer snow, but the exaggerated shovel in the rockered helps you keep your tip up when you're blasting through zipper crust or enjoying deep spring corn.
The Core's core also features a poppy paulownia core with a balance between lightness and playfulness. The majority of the Core's carbon is in the tip to reduce vibrations when you're cruising at higher speeds. The Core's gets a boost in versatility from Hagan's unique multi-radius sidecut that helps you keep tight turns through trees or wide turns down open aprons.
- Ultralight, nimble backcountry ski boasts surprising versatility
- Skinny 88mm waist keeps each ski under three pounds
- Rockered, shoveled tip excels flotation in soft snow
- Poppy wood core with two carbon layers for a stiffer flex
- Carbon-capped tip with climbing skin attachment