- Detail Images
Outstanding performance at a palatable price.
Proving you don't need to fork over excessive loot for a comfortable fit and peace of mind on the mountain, the Giro Ratio MIPS Helmet offers a superb fit, MIPS technology, and adjustable ventilation within a cleanly sculpted, no-nonsense design. The Ratio's hardshell construction employs a rugged outer shell that's attached to an EPS foam liner for impact absorption in the event of a crash.
To ensure a truly custom fit, the In Form system rapidly adjusts the helmet with the quick spin of its rear dial. Where this fit system really shines, though, is with its ability to fine-tune the vertical orientation of the helmet on your head so you won't have to deal with an embarrassing gap between the helmet and goggles. The Ratio's MIPS liner separates itself from other helmets in this price range, giving this helmet the ability to disperse angled impacts on the mountain. Standing for Multi-Directional Impact Protection System, MIPS technology consists of elastomeric attachment along the liner, which creates a slip plane in the event of an angled impact. This slip plane allows the helmet's impact foam to rotate independently around your head, subsequently reducing rotational forces before they're transmitted through the helmet.
- Cleanly designed helmet with advanced features for its price
- MIPS technology reduces rotational impact from angled crashes
- In Form system provides an adjustable fit and vertical tuning
- Thermostat Control adjustable ventilation with sliding knob
- Compatible with Outdoor Tech speakers (not included)
- Seamless integration with all Giro Goggles
- Stack Vents prevent goggles from fogging
- Q & A
need to improve material for goggle clip
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Bought this helmet. It functions very well except the issue with goggle clip. During the first use, the goggle clip broke into two pieces as it's made of hard plastic. This type of plastic is very easy to break, especially under low temperature (25F during that ski trip).
Compared with the Smith and Bolle helmets we owned. The clips on other brands are made of soft resin or silicon with button.
Giro needs to redesign the material!