The peloton's original sky.
Three years before the black and blue British juggernaut entered the cycling world, one of the oldest teams in the peloton switched title sponsors from Liberty Seguras to Team Astana. This involved trading in the purple/blue color of the former for the sky blue and gold of Kazakhstan's national flag, giving the Giordana Men's FR-C Pro Astana Team Jersey the right to claim seniority as the first kit to bring sky to the peloton. With a strong cast of up-and-comers (Lutsenko and Angel Lopez), a health roster of evergreen journeymen (Scarponi, LuLu Sanchez, and Fuglsang) and the current standard bearer for Italy's GC ambitions (the spectacularly animated Aru), we expect Astana to be a force in 2017 and for years to come.
Aesthetics aside, the FR-C Pro is the same FormaRed Carbon (FR-C) model that we self-sponsored racers have been lining up in for years with one key difference: the Pro's fabrics are made to be printed on. This is typically hard to impossible for high-end materials, but Giordana earned a reputation as one of the best cycling clothing companies in the world because it views "hard to impossible" as a challenge, not a limitation. The brand clearly accepted the challenge, and the result is a printable jersey that's built for the pros but can inhabit anyone's kit drawer.
- A pro version of Giordana's venerable FormaRed Carbon jersey
- 16 panel race design reduces material for a flap-free silhouette
- Paneling emphasizes stretch to maintain a low-profile fit
- Supportive rear panel stabilizes fully loaded pockets
- Light elastic keeps waistband and cuffs in place
- Collar lies flat while you're stretched out in the drops
- Ride essentials secured by a lip and a fourth, zippered pocket
- Reflective details help keep you visible during late spins and early departures