Alpinist Plus Speed Skin
As the lightest skin in G3's Alpinist Plus line, the Speed Skin offers reliable traction and a smooth glide without weighing you down. The mohair material makes every forward stride feel effortless, yet provides enough grip to keep you moving quickly up steep skin tracks, and even though the Speed is designed with cold, dry conditions in mind, an improved waterproofing ensures the skin won't soak through and ice up on you.
Thanks to G3's refined adhesive, you can really rely on the skin sticking to your ski, even after your tenth lap of the day. The self-aligning tip attachment easily fits on any ski tip shape, and prevents snow from working its way under the skin and compromising the adhesive. A camming tail clip helps keep the skin securely in place, while the elongated, adjustable tail strap means you can easily rip your skins when you reach the summit.
- Lightweight climbing skin for moving fast in cold, dry conditions
- Mohair material increases glide and speed
- Improved waterproofing keeps the skin from soaking through
- Refined adhesive offers a reliable skin-to-ski connection
- Self-aligning Alpinist tip attachment fits on any ski tip
- Camming tail clip secures skin to ski
- Elongated tail strap makes transitions easy
- Trim tool and skin savers included
- Q & A
Choose the best Climbing Skins for YOU!
Ed walks you through how to choose the best G3 Alpinist+ climbing skins for your needs. Choose from Universal, Grip, Glide, Speed, or Pow, then get out there and get after it.
G3 Alpinist+ SPEED Climbing Skins
Our lightest and fastest skin excels in cold and dry conditions. 100% mohair plush material increases glide and speed.
|X-Short||150 - 166cm|
|Short||161 - 177cm|
|Medium||172 - 188cm|
|Long||183 - 199cm|
|Short||153 - 169cm|
|Medium||168 - 184cm|
|Long||183 - 199cm|
|S / M||144 - 162cm|
|M / L||154 - 172cm|
- How to Measure:
- You can get maximum skin coverage by choosing a skin that is slightly narrower than the widest part of your ski, and trimming the skin to the sidecut / shape of your ski, as described in the skin instructions. The extra work required to trim will more than make up for itself with the superior grip of a skin with "wall to wall" coverage. Choose a skin that covers your ski base "wall to wall" (edge to edge) about 25cm (10in) back from the ski tip. For example, if the dimensions of your skis are 115-77-105, a pair of 110mm skins will do nicely.