Alpinist Plus Pow Skin
Designed for breaking trail, the G3 Alpinist Plus Pow Skin features an extended tip that covers rockered powder skis. The durable nylon material provides extra grip as you work your way up the steep ridgeline, but doesn't hinder your glide when you need to move quickly. G3's new adhesive adds a reliable base-to-skin interface, even after multiple powder laps, and the self-aligning tip attachment and rigid tip platform prevent snow from building up between the skin and the ski and compromising the adhesive. A camming tail clip helps keep the skin securely in place, while the elongated, adjustable tail strap makes it easy to rip your skins when it's time to make perfect wiggles down the line you just worked for.
- Climbing skins for breaking trail on powder days
- Extended tip is perfect for fat, rockered skis
- Durable nylon material offers a reliable grip on steep terrain
- Refined adhesive provides a reliable skin-to-ski connection
- Self-aligning tip attachment fits on any ski tip shape
- Camming tail clip securely attaches skin
- Elongated, adjustable tail strap makes transitions fast
- Trim tool and skin savers included
- Q & A
Choose the best Climbing Skin for YOU!
Ed walks you through how to choose the best G3 Alpinist+ climbing skins for your needs. Choose from Universal, Grip, Glide, Speed, or Pow, then get out there and get after it.
G3 Alpinist+ POW Climbing Skins
A specialized tool for breaking trail. Its extended tip is perfect for big rockered skis. Universal nylon plush for durability and versatility.
|X-Short||150 - 166cm|
|Short||161 - 177cm|
|Medium||172 - 188cm|
|Long||183 - 199cm|
|Short||153 - 169cm|
|Medium||168 - 184cm|
|Long||183 - 199cm|
|S / M||144 - 162cm|
|M / L||154 - 172cm|
- How to Measure:
- You can get maximum skin coverage by choosing a skin that is slightly narrower than the widest part of your ski, and trimming the skin to the sidecut / shape of your ski, as described in the skin instructions. The extra work required to trim will more than make up for itself with the superior grip of a skin with "wall to wall" coverage. Choose a skin that covers your ski base "wall to wall" (edge to edge) about 25cm (10in) back from the ski tip. For example, if the dimensions of your skis are 115-77-105, a pair of 110mm skins will do nicely.