Stylish and Technical.
Whether you're enjoying fresh seafood and shopping in Bar Harbor on a gray, misty day or hiking granite seaside peaks despite rain, you'll be glad you brought along the protection of the Fjallraven Women's Ovik Eco-Shell Parka. Crafted from a burly waterproof fabric, this jacket features an adjustable hood with a laminated brim that keeps rain away from your face as you're taking in the sights. With a feminine fit and longer cut, the Ovik effortlessly blends style and performance whether you're in town or on the trail.
- A parka-length jacket for everyday life in changeable weather
- Stretchy Eco-Shell fabric stops wind and rain
- Fixed, adjustable hood with laminated brim
- Zippered pockets keep essentials secure
- Drawcord adjustments at the waist and hem for a custom fit
- Q & A
Perfect for the PNW
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Small
The Eco-Shell isn't a shell you'll see in brands other than Fjallraven but that doesn't mean you should be scarred of it. The Eco-Shell will keep you dry anywhere from Scandinavia to Porlandia. A waterproof rating above 20K mm is enough for a day's downpour and this one sits at 30K mm.
The fit of this jacket is loose with ability to cinch the waist. The small feels big, I felt I could have gone with an XS and my friend Em who is half a size smaller than me thought the XXS would be a fine fit. I don't know if I'd go that far.
I would wear this jacket on a day hike but not necessarily on a multiday trip -- for a multi day trip I'd snag the waist length Keb Eco-Shell.