The perfect pack for cabin-to-cabin trips, the Fjallraven Abisko Hike 35 Backpack is one of your chosen companions for conquering the Presidential traverse of the White Mountains. With conveniently placed huts providing shelter at night, you can ditch the tent and cooking gear, packing only what you need into the 2136 cubic inches of this pack. Durable G-1000 canvas is impregnated with wax for water-resistant protection, but if it rains (or snows) you can slip the rain cover on to protect your warm layers and extra socks. Padded shoulder pads and waist belt keep you in breathable comfort from Pierce to Madison, and there are plenty of exterior pockets for grabbing snacks or a camera when you stop along the alpine trail for misty mountain views.
- Generous day pack for cabin trips and lightweight overnights
- 35L capacity can pack lunches, clothing, and down sleeping bag
- Rugged eco-friendly canvas is waxed for light weather protection
- Included rain cover protects from more persistent precipitation
- Hydration sleeve keeps your drinking water easy to reach
- Plenty of pockets keep on-trail essentials close at hand
- Side zipper offers alternative access to the main compartment
- Compression straps and side pocket can be used to carry poles
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This bag has plenty of room for a day trip out on the trail, storing some climbing gear or fishing gear on the way to the spot. It could also be used for an overnight pack if you kept it to the essentials. The rain cover is nice for those rogue showers and with its compatibility for a hydration bladder you'll always conveniently be able to take some sips of water. It's made of a nice material, and has a nice frame for good support and a comfortable fit.