Fi'zi:k Cyrano 00 Chameleon Handlebar
Select style & size:Select options
- unidirectional carbon fiber
- [400mm] 130mm, [420mm] 130mm, [440mm] 135mm, [460mm] 135mm
- [400mm] 80mm, [420mm] 80mm, [440mm] 85mm, [460mm] 85mm
- 400mm, 420mm, 440mm, 460mm
- Claimed Weight:
- [420mm] 175g
- Recommended Use:
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 2 years
Cyrano 00 Chameleon Handlebar
Fi'zi:k's Spine Concept Fit uses the Snake, Chameleon, and Bull to denote spine flexibility from most to least flexible. Used initially to design saddles, Fi'zi:k has extended its thinking about how the spine relates to a bicycle's cockpit. The Cyrano is a series of handlebars and components that works in conjunction with saddle choice to create the optimal riding position. The Cyrano 00 Chameleon Handlebar is for the rider with a medium flexible spine.
The Cyrano 00 was constructed from high modulus unidirectional carbon fiber. For comparison, it weighs about 70 grams less than its aluminum counterpart, the R3. It is available in four widths: 400mm, 420mm, 440mm, and 460mm. These widths accommodate a wide variety of riders. The reach is 80mm and the drop is 130mm in the 420mm-wide version.
The reach and drop measurements sound similar to other handlebars. So, what makes this bar ideal for a rider classified as a Chameleon? The shape of the drop. Because a Chameleon's spine is in the middle range of flexibility, the bar needs to be shaped so that the farthest point on the drops is reachable without compromising breathing or spine position. The drops of the Cyrano 00 are angled from the brake hood clamp area toward the back at about a 45-degree angle (give or take a few degrees). Rather than having to reach far beneath the bar to grab the drops for a sprint, and banging your forearms in the process, the effective reach is decreased for a secure hold.
The Fi'zi:k Cyrano 00 Chameleon Handlebar weighs 175 grams for the 420mm-wide bar. It comes in four sizes from 400mm to 460mm and in the color Black.
- Lightweight carbon bar with longer reach and shallower drops
- Designed for medium flexibility riders per Fi'zi:k Spine Concept
- Drop shape sits between Cyrano 00 Chameleon and 00 Bull
- High-modulus carbon for a high strength-to-weight ratio
- Comes in four widths ranging from 400 - 460mm center to center