Too smart for its own good.
When you're as naturally gifted as Candide Thovex, you could ride two pieces of beef jerky down the mountain and still make it look filthy, but the rest of us need a little help from our gear. Faction's Prodigy Ski is designed to help you take your all-mountain ripping to the next level, though it doesn't guarantee you'll be able to ski with Candide's easy style and ridiculous imagination. The Prodigy features Faction's All-Mountain Rocker, which incorporates traditional camber underfoot with rocker in the tip and tail, letting you cruise over rough patches when you venture off-piste and rail groomer turns when the fluff vanishes and you're left ripping hardpack.
The Prodigy's light as a feather, too, with a poplar and beech core that blends a touch of dampness with energy and lightness. Camber underfoot and beefy vertical sidewalls give it plenty of torsional stiffness and edge hold, and a micro-cap topsheet wraps around the gloss lacquer topsheet to keep the Prodigy looking fresh in case of on-mountain photo ops, and the P-Tex 4000 base keeps you flying downhill quicker than a greased mongoose wearing a jet pack. If you're looking for one board to rail groomer turns, hammer soft snow, ride switch, and hold its own in the park, the Prodigy'll make you look like a genius.
- A true all-mountain ski that thrives in and out of the park
- Versatile 96mm waist rails groomers and and hammers soft snow
- Rockered tips and tails smooth your ride in chop and chunder
- Camber underfoot gives stability and power on hardpack
- Lively and stable beech and poplar core
- Micro-cap topsheet keeps your skis looking fresh