- Detail Images
Two is better than one.
Forget everything you assumed to know about carry-ons. Eagle Creek's Morphus 22 Carry-On Bag allows you to zip this bag apart into a wheeled bag and a gear bag for extra luggage or gifts you're bringing back from a trip. The wheeled bag features an ultralight polycarbonate back shell that protects your luggage and the extendable handle system. When you're using the wheeled bag as its own separate bag, the inside liner pulls forward into a fully functioning U-zip bag with compression straps. It also has a top handle so you don't have to ruin the extendable handle system just to lift it up. Its wheels are lightweight and durable with sturdy wheel housing, a skid plate, and bumper protection that help you cruise through airports and cities.
The gear bag—as well as the front of the wheeled bag—is made out of Bi-Tech fabrics that resist extreme abrasion so you'll have this bag(s) for years to come. Its bottom "bathtub" construction means this bag resists water if you accidentally wheel it through a puddle. You can carry the gear bag however you like with zip-away backpack straps, a removable padded shoulder strap, and grab handles on all sides. In terms of organization, the gear bag is stacked with pockets like its exterior quick-stash pocket for your itinerary. The lockable main compartment contains a zippered pocket, multiple slip pockets, pen slots, and a key fob with a Porter Key bottle opener. It also includes two sleeves for your laptop and tablet device if you have both. There are lash points on the side so you can strap this bag to the top of your car. And if it falls off the car, you'll be able to find it easily thanks to the safety reflective accents.
- Detachable backpack/wheeled bag hybrid
- Bi-Tech armor material
- Polycarbonate back shell (wheeled bag)
- Zip-away backpack straps
- Removable padded shoulder strap
- Exterior quick stash pocket (gear bag)
- Laptop (15") or tablet (22") sleeve
- Wheel housing with skid plate and bumper protection
- Lockable zippers
- Reflective accents
- Integrates with Pack-it system
- Q & A
jam packed and ready for the trip!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
i already have an eagle creek ORV 30" trunk but i needed something smaller for a long weekend, this bag is a nice complement.
- fits a lot of stuff, though you need to compress it into the "false bottom" of the underlying bag
- rugged, sturdy zippers with big pull tags
- heavy duty wheels that roll over curbs well
- the expandable wheel base looks of questionable durability
- easy to pack too much, increasing dimensions and weight
- non-detachable backpack straps take up a fair bit of space inside their pocket
i don't want to come off as some EC fan boy, but they put a lot of attention to detail and the kicker is the "lifetime for anything" warrantee. so far this looks like a winner, and my wife said "merry christmas, enjoy it because then it's mine.
Morphus in Action
There are two 22" morphus rollers currently up on the site-each with a unique style number-can someone detail the differences between the two? Thank you!
This model (the most current model) got some mild updates as far as durability. Check the bumpers in the bottom.