Dynastar Legend 96 Ski - Women's
- 158cm, 165cm, 171cm
- 132 / 96 / 112mm
- Turn Radius:
- [158cm] 11m, [165cm] 13m, [171cm] 14m
- paulownia wood
- Claimed Weight:
- [158cm] 6lb 6.3oz, [165cm] 6lb 13.3oz, [171cm] 7lb 1oz
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year
Legend 96 Ski
Situated as a freestyle oriented all-mountain ski, the Legend 96 creates a nice balance between soft snow prowess and firm snow control. This delicate balances starts with the versatile 96mm waist width that is on the wider side of a quick edge to edge front side ski, and on the narrower side of a powder specific stick. This middle ground is easily manipulated on firm snow and floats just well enough in deep snow for advanced skiers to feel confident in both situations.
- Versatile freestyle all-mountain ski for advanced riders
- 96mm waist balances edge to edge quickness and variable control
- Rocker in the tip and tail adds float and pivoting control
- Camber underfoot adds edge hold and response through the turn
- Short turn radius provides quick control and confident carving
- Paulownia wood core offers a great strength to weight ratio
- Titanal laminate provides a responsive and powerful feel
- Sintered bases skip across flat spots and cat tracks with ease
Recommended Sizing Guide
Your ski size is largely determined by both your skiing ability and your preffered style of skiing. For example, an expert skier on in Vermont will ski a far different ski than an expert in British Columbia. So take a look at our chart and explanations and find your perfect fit. Your weight also plays a large factor in finding the right ski. If you are either under or over average weight for your height consider downsizing or upsizing, respectively.
|Big-Mountain Freeride||Backcountry Jib||All-Mountain||Park & Pipe||All-Mountain Carve|
|Pro||172cm +||172cm +||172cm +||168cm +||172cm +|
|Expert||165cm +||165cm +||165cm +||168cm +||165cm +|
|Intermediate||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm|
|Entry Level||N/A||N/A||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm|
SKILL LEVEL EXPLANATIONS
Pro: Excels on any terrain, on any snow condition. Enjoys high speeds.
Expert: Comfortable on any terrain and most snow conditions.
Intermediate: Comfortable on Blue trails, exploring Black trails.
Entry Level: Learning to ski Green and Blue trails.
SKIING STYLE EXPLANATIONS
Big-Mountain Freeride: High speeds, deep powder, steep lines, straightlining, chutes, cliffs.
Backcountry Jib: Backcountry kickers, hucking, twintips, deep powder.
All-Mountain: From bumps to back bowls, groomers to glades; everything and anywhere on the mountain.
Park & Pipe: De-tuned edges and buttery twin tips, occasionally pole-impaired.
All-Mountain Carve: Stiff. High-speed corduroy cutter. For those blind to SLOW signs.