The best seller got better.
The Wailer 106 Alchemist Ski retains the weight and feel of its Tour1 and Pure3 siblings, but DPS' Alchemist construction gives the ski the extra stiffness required to really tear it up. The Alchemist construction adds vibration-damping units in the tip and tail of the ski's Pure Carbon construction to provide a smoother feel through mixed and firm conditions, so you can really carve down corduroy without the vibrations you'd be accustomed to with a regular backcountry ski. DPS also updated this ski with raised binding plates, vertical sidewalls, and a sustainable aspen wood core to simultaneously tighten the turn radius and increase durability. Ultimately, this version of the Wailer might be the most versatile option DPS has created, whether you're riding backcountry pow or leftover chop in bounds.
- This DPS best-selling backcountry ski is now stiffer and lighter
- Versatile 106mm waist width rides mixed snow on or off piste
- Rocker in tip and tail maneuvers through deeper snow
- Camber underfoot holds an edge on hardpack
- Alchemist Pure Carbon construction with vibration damping tips
- Pre-impregnated carbon ensures infinite flex that never breaks down
- Designed with love in Salt Lake City, Utah
Touring - Good, Groomer - Way Good
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Ive used these skis so far a handful of times. To start, the ski carves amazing on a groomer. I used to race and this thing is fun. It is also a perfect touring ski. I have the Atomic Shifts on it, giving me the freedom to be inbounds and out. Certainly is a ski with more stiffness, which us racers love.