Well though out design, high quality
I was given this product for review as part of the Backcountry Testing Program. Below is my personal opinion.
Deuter Futura Pro 34L is a very high quality backpack. For me, the size is perfect for an over night backpacking when my husband carries the bulky items such as sleeping bag and tent. The design is thoroughly thought out. Compared to a similar 38L backpack from a well known brand that I also own, several features of Deuter really stand out.
-The main compartment opening is wider on top. It is a good 2â wider than the other brand . It makes it much easier to pack and take items out.
- It has a large front pocket that is not zipped but buckled. I like that, as it is easier to stuff the shedded layers in there when I get hot.
- The bottom compartment has a fully zipped cap. So it can be be completely separated from the main compartment if one wants to.
- Side pockets on the belt are roomy with wider opening. It is very easy to stuff or take items out.
- The belt and hip support are more padded which add to comfort.
- It comes with a rain cover. The fabric of the front and top of the main compartment is further coated with PU. This will help the water proof when one doesnât have enough time to take out the rain cover in a sudden downpour.
- All zippers work much smoother.
The above advantage comes at an expense of mere 5 extra oz than the other brand.
I have used the backpack when backcountry skiing in CO, and canât wait to use it more often when the snow melts on the mountains.