Give the toes some wriggle room.
Experienced skiers know that lightweight socks that don't crowd the feet are generally the warmest because they allow blood to circulate. Darn Tough took the idea and sized it down for the junior set with the Kids' Merino Wool Over-The-Calf Padded Ultra-Light Ski Sock. This ultra-light yet dense sock manages to provide plenty of comfort and warmth while feeling like there's nothing there at all.
- Custom shrink-treated merino wool won't itch while providing highly effective, breathable warmth
- Elastic support around the arch adds comfort over long hours in boots
- Padded shin cushions the leg against banging
- Seamless toe seams ensure blister-free comfort
- Q & A
Great little ski socks!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
We've only made it out with our little one a couple of times since buying these, but they're doing a great job so far. Good quality, and exactly what we needed!
These are well made and do seem tough
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
However, they're not as soft as Smartwool or Icebreakers, and my son seems to like those better. These feel much more like traditional wool. I do however like that they are truly ultralight. But if you're looking for something more comfortable, the Smartwool Wintersport sock is the way to go for little ones.