Get your shred on.
Gather up your gal pals, a pile of snacks, and locals' recommendations, and head for new trails on a weekend getaway with the Dakine Zella Short. This 14-inch short comes with a distinctive freeride attitude, but it will adapt to just about any discipline you want it to. The Zella's stretchy, light polyester blend is airy and breathable on hot days, but don't mistake it for being delicate. Whether you take a tumble in a chunky, challenging rock garden or catch a branch on a hike-a-bike section, the Zella will take it in stride and keep on going. Dakine also wisely gave it a DWR treatment in case your travels take you to misty, loamy trails, and made the Zella without a liner so you can pick the chamois that works best for you on any given day.
- Tackle challenging new trails in this capable freeride short
- Regular fit moves with you as you climb or descend
- Breathable, four-way stretch fabric keeps you cool
- DWR treatment keeps you dry in drizzly weather
- Interior elastic loop keeps a park pass secure
- Multiple pockets keep snacks, maps, and a multi-tool secure
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I wear a size 6, and the 28" waist fits me perfectly! I love these becuase they aren't too-tight. In a world of lyrca and fast pace uphill bikers, its nice to have these as a DowhHill short where you're in the crouch-down-hill position most of the time you're riding. These are not enduro shorts, nor XC shorts, but an excellent thickness for Downhill only oriented riding. Love the pockets for cell phone and keys, I don't need any other storage (Fanny pack, backpack) etc.
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I got these for my wife. I wear a 34 Fox short and my wife got the 32 in this short. It was way too big even for me to wear. I'd guess a 32 in this would be a 36 in the Fox brand.
They were not used. 3 stars were given because you can't write a review without assigning stars. They look like they would be adequate if they fit you.