- Detail Images
Slick streets and rugged trails.
Whether the Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot by Columbia is your designated winter shoe or your go-to hiking boot, this boot performs just as well on rugged trails as it looks good on the streets. Its modern design and seam-sealed waterproof construction make this boot a great option for shoveling the driveway and other day-to-day duties throughout winter, while also giving you excellent protection through wet, spring-time trail conditions. And mesh paneling helps keep the feet ventilated while hiking and shoveling. Columbia's TechLite midsole offers superior cushioning and a high-energy return when traversing over rugged ground, and the Omni-Grip sole is made with non-marking rubber and gives you excellent traction on slick, rocky, and steep terrain.
- A waterproof boot for slick streets and rugged trails
- Coated leather creates a durable structure for rugged environments
- Suede and mesh upper panels provide breathable ventilation
- Seam-sealed construction ensures leak-proof waterproofing
- Lightweight midsole offers ultra-comfort with high-energy return
- Technical non-marking rubber sole gives excellent traction
- Q & A
Nice and light
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: 10.5
I'm a police officer and I ordered these as an alternate to cheap "tactical" boots from Under Armor or another company. They are light, look nice, and pretty comfortable. After three days of ten hour shifts, I can say they break in very easily and don't overheat, even when it's been 90F (I wear FitSok trail running socks). The leather seems a bit thin and the upper is only glued to the outsole without stitching so I'm not sure how long they'll last, but for 65$ I'm happy.