Don't turn around at the first sign of ice.
Prepare for those steep, icy sections on mountaineering missions by packing Camp USA's Stalker Crampon. This is Camp's go-to crampon for glacial traverses or bootpacking up icy couloirs. It has a dual-point front with ten additional points for secure traction on any angle. Camp made the Stalker's points out of rustproof chromoly steel for long-lasting durability. The universal binding features thermoplastic heel and toe pieces with nylon straps that can wrap around most mountaineering or hiking boots. The semi-automatic binding secures the heel with a metal bar that connects only to mountaineering boots with welts. This crampon comes with a carry case so the points don't puncture the inside of your pack, and Vibram anti-balling plates so snow doesn't stick to the bottom of the crampon.
- A steel crampon ideal for general mountaineering
- Dual-point front with ten additional points for traction
- Universal strap-on compatibility for most hiking boots
- Semi-automamtic compatibility for most mountaineering boots
- Chromoly steel construction is durable and rustproof
- Included carry case and Vibram anti-balling plates
- Q & A
Wrong product image
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Ordered these with the impression that they were universal like the image. Had to return. Looked like they were good quality and came with a crampon bag.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
If you need some basic mountaineering or glacial crampons, look no further. At the price we have them currently listed at, you can't go wrong. You can use these for years with little wear. They are not the lightest but who cares, they are a lot less money and it's only a few ounces.