It's all in the fit.
Crampons usually end up feeling flimsy because they weren't exactly made to fit your specific alpine boot. Three front bail positions, two heel bail positions, three heel bail height settings, and an easy micro-adjustable linking bar give Camp USA's Alpinist Auto/Semi-Auto Crampon the precise fit necessary to feel rigid on anything from a glacial traverse to a moderate alpine climb. While Camp USA's Alpinist Pro Crampon is more suitable for steep ice climbs, this crampon handles all the other lower-angle mountaineering missions, and the front piece is interchangeable so you can use the Pro's model without purchasing an entirely new set of crampons for steeper adventures. Whereas the Pro's jagged teeth would stick to hard snow and soft ice a little too well, the Alpinist's twelve straight points keep you cruising over hard snow and soft ice with ease.
- Cassin's technically advanced crampon designed for alpine climbs
- Dual front points with ten additional spikes underfoot
- Dynamic anti-balling plates keep snow out
- Multiple bail positions ensure a secure fit
- Delivered standard with automatic and semi-auto toe bails