- Detail Images
Heavy-Duty Performance, Lightweight Design.
Be it by way of planked or bipedal pursuits, when you're high in the alpine every decision and every ounce counts, which is where the Black Yak Men's SIBU Gore C-Knit Jacket comes into play. Designed to provide unwavering protection, the SIBU features Gore-Tex's lightest 3-layer offering to ensure you stay protected against the elements without bogging you down.
The SIBU is constructed with Gore-Tex C-Knit fabric technology that is up to 15% more breathable and 10% lighter than conventional 3-layer shells. To achieve such a feat, the Gore-Tex membrane is bonded to a thin, yet highly durable, circular knit (C-Knit) fabric that is lighter, softer, and quieter than other Gore-Tex shells. Ultimately, the Gore-Tex C-Knit design provides waterproof and windproof protection and maintains ample breathability, so you stay comfortable on the skintrack and descent alike. Meanwhile, the stretch insert at the back promotes unimpeded mobility, and the seamless shoulder design not only prevents hot spots and discomfort often incurred while wearing a pack, but it also allows for full range of motion. The hood, hem, and cuffs are fully adjustable to provide a personalized fit, while the slim zippers are designed as such that they cut down on the overall weight of the jacket.
- Acquire unimpeded mobility and protection with this jacket
- Gore-Tex provides waterproof, breathable protection
- C-Knit backer promotes lightweight temperature regulation
- Seamless shoulders allow for full range of motion
- Back stretch insert assures comfort when worn with a pack
- Hood, cuffs, and hem are adjustable for a personalized fit
- Slim zippers reduce weight and bulk of the jacket
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
I never write these but..... the service was a 10. The Jacket is a 10. You have to appreciate what an extra $200 gets you and this was worth that. Please don't buy one if you live in So Cal. I'd like to be the only guy on the mountain that looks this good (ignore facial handicaps!)