Forged for the climb.
It's a challenge maintaining your body temperature when you heat up on the climb and then shiver while belaying, but the Black Diamond Women's Forge Hooded Jacket keeps those frigid feelings at bay when you're belaying somewhere chilly. Its 700-fill down insulation brings warmth without weight, and it has a hydrophobic treatment to maintain lofty warmth when you encounter moist environments. The shell is water-resistant to further enhance weather protection against windy, snowy summits and rainy days at camp. A true climber, the Forge features underarm gussets for upward mobility whether you're giving a dynamic belay at a cold crag or ignoring your numb fingers as you near the top of a brisk, breezy multi-pitch. If you keep getting too hot when it's your turn to climb, then you can stuff the Forge in its chest pocket and clip it to your harness.
- Lightweight insulator keeps you warm on brisk belays
- Down insulation treated to retain lofty warmth in damp weather
- DWR-treated shell sheds rainfall, snowflakes, and light moisture
- Underarm gussets ensure freedom of movement for belaying or climbing
- Single-cord adjustments at hood and hem secure the fit
- Chest pocket stows jacket and clips to harnesses for compact storage