- Detail Images
Adventures in the high alpine often come with a clause riddled with unpredictable weather, which is why the folks over at Black Diamond crafted up the Men's Access Insulated Hooded Jacket. The Access features an adaptive, versatile construction that's also highly packable, allowing you to toss it into your pack when it's not in use or employ its use at a moment's notice.
The Pertex Microlight exterior is equal parts breathable, lightweight, and durable, while the DWR treatment fends off light precipitation and moisture. Additionally, the Schoeller underarm panels are stretchy to assure unobstructed overhead dexterity as you climb, hike, or make your way up the skin track. The Primaloft Gold insulation features a strategic, body-mapped design that's innately migration-resistant, and the insulation itself not only touts a high warmth-to-weight ratio, but assures steadfast heat even when wet. The harness-compatible pockets and zippers enable you to keep small necessities close at hand, and the helmet-compatible hood allows you to double down on your protection should the weather require it.
- A lightweight, adaptive jacket for climbing in unpredictable weather
- Pertex Microlight is breathable, lightweight, and tough
- Stretch woven underarm assure unimpeded mobility
- Synthetic insulation provides warmth even when wet
- Harness-compatible pockets and zippers
- Helmet-compatible hood doubles down on protection
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
Big fan of this jacket. Lightweight, packable, but still quite warm. Perfect to throw on right when the sun tucks behind the mountains, and the temperature drops.