One rope for every season.
The 10mm Beal Tiger Unicore Dry Cover Climbing Rope is a textbook example of a true all-around performance cord. The 10mm diameter is easy to clip and is ideal for auto-locking belay devices, making it perfect for sessions at the sport crag or climbing gym. Not only is it great in the summer months, the advanced Unicore construction and Dry Cover treatment allow the Tiger to perform with equal aplomb on wet ice routes and alpine adventures.
- Dry Cover technology coats each sheath fiber with a polymer treatment for high resistance to water, humidity, and dirt
- Unicore construction eliminates sheath slippage in wet conditions or when the sheath is accidentally severed
- 10mm diameter is ideal for auto-locking belay devices and all-around climbing
- Low weight of 61 grams per meter won't hold you back on hard redpoints
- Guaranteed impact force rating of 7.6KN ensures a soft catch
- 7-8 UIAA fall rating ensures many days of reliable use at the crag
- Q & A
My BFF <3
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Over the last few years, my Tiger and I went through everything together from sport projecting to ice to multi pitch trad. It caught every trust fall *cough whip* and uncoiled forgivingly even after those bad weather days when it got shoved into the bottom of my pack during speedy escapes. After a good wash, it glowed good as new.
It also held up real well after bad whips. The unicore binds the sheath and the core together, so although the sheath got cut, the two remained in place instead of sliding around. Reliable durabilty and surprisingly thinner than you'd think a 10mm would feel.
The damaged ends have been cut to a gym rope because I can't let it go. <3 #BFFL
Beal Tiger Cut Test
This video shows how Unicore increases the safety of a climbing rope.