The Beal Escaper establishes itself as a new tool when the mountain reminds you to stay humble, and you and your partner are put into a puzzling situation that can turn the whole mission into an epic. Ropes get stuck or damaged, anchors can be difficult to find, rappelling the route safely and efficiently becomes paramount. Certified as an anchor point by European CE safety standards, the Escaper is a detachable anchor system that sets up full-length, single rope rappels without leaving a single carabiner. It's so light and compact it can easily be stored in a summit pack and set up when on a multipitch climb or when a rappel is required to access a descent while ski mountaineering. The innovative finger trap design loops into and through itself to anchor your rope while you make a smooth rappel. Once you're ready to retrieve your rope, repeatedly tug and let go of your line and it will release the system and send your rope tumbling back down to you.
- Detachable anchor allows singe rope rappels without leaving gear
- European CE certified and rated as an anchor point
- Works with 7.3mm diameter ropes and above
- Innovative finger trap design secures itself when weighted
- Small and light, it easily lives in a summit pack for emergencies
- Directions included on carry bag explain how to set the system up when you're on the wall
- Q & A
Trust it. Just Trust it.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The first time you use the escaper, you might be uneasy. After a few times, however, you'll wish you had it years ago. Whether you're ski mountaineering and just need to make a half-dozen rappels to the perfect powder or saving weight on big alpine routes. You're going to love this as much as I have.
This is my go-to for fast and light days in the mountains. For bailing on multipitch routes, and making quick work of pulling the rope.
Awesome quality! Exactly what I was looking for
What is the weight of ONLY the product?
Will this still work when wet?